Monday, April 11, 2011

Modern Graphic Bedding

I have been shopping for a new duvet cover to compliment our now gray walls in the bedroom.  Although I still love it, I think it's about time to replace my aging cover, which is white with black grosgrain trim by Kate Spade. I love white bed linens, but I have a hard time keeping them bright and fresh.  (I would love some tips!)

To add some interest into our room, I really want a graphic print that is neither too feminine or too masculine.  Since our furniture is mostly mid-century, I want the bedding to have a young and modern appeal, so our bedroom doesn't begin to look like what my boyfriend refers to as a "grandma's room."

Since the duvet cover could be a pricey investment, I plan on choosing neutral hues that could still work if we move, buy new accessories, or feel like repainting.  The duvet can act as the canvas, and I will bring in punches of color and lots of texture by mixing in different shams, throw pillows, and possibly a folded quilt.  Here are some duvets I think fit the bill:

three sheets 2 the wind Rosette Duvet Cover and Shams
Unison Tatami in Taupe Duvet Cover and Shams
Dwell Studio Sketch Duvet Set
West Elm Organic Seedling Duvet and Shams

No comments:

Post a Comment