Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Trend Spot: Metallic Furniture

I am working on decorating a living room for a couple here in Hoboken who asked me to find some furniture pieces to compliment their existing ebony stained wood furniture.  Many homeowners tend to believe all of the furniture finishes should match exactly, but actually choosing pieces in new and exciting finishes that contrast what you already have can be really beautiful.  A great option that you can integrate with any wood tone is a painted metallic finish.  While looking for the perfect piece, I was surprised by how many amazing options there are out there in the market! My favorite look is silver leaf, which looks like it falls somewhere between gold and silver and works well with both warm and cool metal accents.  Check out some of my favorites below.


The bold design on this piece would add visual interest to an entry way or bedroom.

 Antique Gold Leaf Chest with Eglomise Glass

I absolutely love this glam set of silver leaf nesting tables, and I think it would be perfect next to a sofa to rest a cocktail on.              
This Sanctuary Chest I what I choose for my client.  I can't wait to see it in their space!  Will keep you updated when I install it!


This Silver leaf leather headboard would normally be too ornate for my taste, but combined with modern side tables with clean lines it would be a perfect pop of opulence.   

While I was searching online, I found this impressive DIY tutorial on Little Green Notebook Blog about applying silver leaf to a pair of HomeGoods side tables.  

No comments:

Post a Comment